Practice Management Hacks
Our Top Medical Office Managers Offer Their Smartest Success Tricks
Our Top 15 Medical Office Management Hacks For 2018
- Train your staff
- Know your State’s collection laws
- Use a software that offers a robust collections workbench (Collections workbench features)
- Establish routine cadence of communication with your patients
- Avoid your only communication being about balances or statements
- Avoid communication that is only trying to get them to schedule an appointment
- Expand the ways you communicate with patients including social media outreach and targeted ads
- 93% of patients prefer email communication, making reaching out to them and staying connected much easier
- It is unbelievable how many practices do not electronically check eligibility
- Check upon initial patient registration and appointment booking
- Check prior to visit
- Check on date of visit
- Check before claim is submitted (if there is more than a 3 day delay)
- Document contract rates for each major insurance payer
- Document your practice’s standard “Usual and Customary Fee Schedule”
- Use dashboards or reporting tools to monitor the difference between payment amounts received and contract rates
- Know if you are victim to underpayments and by which insurance company
- 11% underpayment is not uncommon
- Identify the critical month end reports for your practice
- Typically include reports such as- Total Charges & Payments by Month
– Charges/Payments/Adjustments by Financial Class
– Monthly Charges by POS
– Monthly Charges by Rendering Provider
– Monthly Charges by Payor
– Monthly Charges by POS
– Monthly Charges by Service Location
– Monthly Payments by Service Location
– Monthly Payments by TOS
– Monthly Payments by POS
– Monthly Payments by Rendering Provider
- Use software that will automatically produce these practice management reports
- Texts get exponentially greater views and interaction that phone calls or emails
- Text messages help reduce no-shows and cancellations by reminding patients the day before
- Text messages should include information about outstanding patient balances
- Prompts patient to pay and/or call to reschedule
- 92% of physicians use unsecure texting to discuss patients with medical staff
- Smartphones are the most convenient means of communication, especially for doctors on the go
- Doctors and staff need easy ways to quickly exchange messages – to individuals or groups within the practice
- Doctors often need ways to quickly send pictures or snapshots of paperwork to staff
- Find a secure, HIPAA compliant technology platform to enable instant chat communications
- Cloud based technologies are the best choice for medical practices
- Greatly decrease risk for data loss
- However, staff can access remotely from web browsers, even at home
- Must have safeguards in place to restrict access
– Restrict based on user role, location, time of day, and clinical access
- Maintain a complete HIPAA audit trail
- Most of us today are used to quickly scrolling through the top activities and messages
- The leading practice management platforms now have this concept built into their dashboards
- Easy ways to manage messaging and outreach
- Easy to understand snapshots of productivity – especially around denied claims
- At a glance monitoring of how well the practice is doing against key KPIs
- Often series of visits for therapy or global periods are authorized by insurance
- Identify the visit type as associated with a defined authorization
- Create a countdown or tickler within your software to make sure you maximize visits
- Create a countdown or tickler to make sure you don’t exceed the number of visits for which the insurance company will pay
- Did you know that facsimile machines have been around for 175 years?
Explore all the features you need to increase revenue, in one easy solution
Well then, where’s the catch?
There’s no catch. We make money the old fashioned way –we earn it.
It’s too good to be true.
Ahh, but alas ’tis true. The ‘Free-mium‘ software model is actually not new at all; for years now software makers like Turbo-Tax have offered free versions of their software understanding that as people’s needs become increasingly complex they naturally upgrade to the features they require, but it was the free version that won them over.
If the software is free, how do you make money?
In addition to our Free Plan, we also offer a Premium Edition for busy practices, and an Enterprise Edition for large groups and institutions. For instance, groups and multi-provider practices tend to quickly upgrade to our multi-user editions.
What are the Benefits to Me?
- Every basic essential required to run your practice is accessible and offered free.
- You get a fully functional medical billing software with a free clearinghouse account that allows you to submit an ample amount of commercial claims each month
- You get a flexible robust patient scheduler with advanced features such as flexible appointment times, double-and-triple booking, and the ability to color code dedicated blocks of time.
- In our free version you receive complete training for you and your staff
- There’s no sales process, no sales people, no commitment
- And there are no annoying ads and no sharing of practice information to Big-Data.
What’s Not Free?
In our free version, commercial claims are free, but claims to State and Federal Payers such as Medicare, Medicaid, BCBS, Tri-care, and Railroad require an ordinary clearinghouse account. We don’t control which clearinghouse you subscribe to.
How can free Practice Management Software be any good?
People often wonder whether because it free, maybe it’s not that good, but our free version is a comprehensive and a complete Practice Management system with unmatched revenue cycle management features that automate the entire patient-to-pay revenue cycle, and that streamline your entire practice to make it less error prone and more efficient. Many of the top facilities in the country use our Enterprise Edition to run vast billing departments of University Medical Centers and large group practices. Because your task is mission critical, so is our software.
Sign up for a free account today and decide for yourself whether our Free Plan is:
- Better than Medisoft
- Better than Lytec
- Better than Kareo
- Better than AdvancedMD
What makes a great physician practice management system? Check out the features!
What about ongoing Support?
We understand that changing a billing system in a busy practice is akin to replacing an engine in a running car, and that’s why awesome support is included with every edition––including our free edition. For us, customer service is so paramount that when a claim or support issue goes unresolved for more than 48 hours, the matter is escalated directly to the attention of our CEO. In short, we’re fanatical about support––read the testimonials.
How long have you been around?
PracticeSuite released its first Practice Management System in January, 2004. Today, debt free and led by a seasoned management team, over 26,000 healthcare professionals and their staff, ranging from solo practitioners to Medical Centers like NYUMC, use Practice-Suite to manage their practice, insurance billing, patient billing, collections and recovery – a single vender with a comprehensive suite to automate your entire practice.
You make money by serving ads, right?
No. Our Free Version is not at the cost of your privacy, nor of your practice data privacy, a responsibility that we take seriously.
Our Free Plan is a perfect way to begin cost-free in an All-In-One end to end system that grows with you as your business grows. A single system, a single vender, a single database, from a single trusted source. As your needs grow, we have valuable Add-On features to enhance your practice and take it to the next level.
Create a Free Account today and discover first hand all the benefits of using PracticeSuite. We believe you’ll become a fan for life!